Friday, March 02, 2007

And then he x-ed me

There is nothing that can make my stomach flutter like a kiss on the head from the right man. It's not a lead-up kiss, or a bye-honey kiss, or a stop-talking kiss. It's a kiss that is all tenderness and there is really nothing like it. Except. When you've been corresponding for months, mail forward, mail back, and then, out of nowhere, he plants a little x on you. Just there. Outside of anything else. A little, lower case x in an email. And it almost floats to the top of your head and lands somewhere in your hair. And oh the flip and sigh of it. Sweet.

7 comments:

Flirty Something said...

freaky the X concept was used by one of the columnists in the SBP today - is that you as well? You are busy!

fiona said...

no flirty, that SBP columnist is not me. but is clearly draining my brain of all my wonderful ideas. or, as is more likely, I have been opening my big mouth all around town again. are you feeling better?

Annie said...

I know exactly what you mean. Good stuff.

Jay said...

Aw, that even sounds sweet by proxy.

Flirty Something said...

F - am adding you to my blog list, hope that is OK?

fiona said...

annie - thanks, and lovely to see you here.
jay - it was sweet. even if only proximal for me too.
flirty - course! hurray! that is most Ok.

overnighteditor said...

x