Monday, November 27, 2006

When idol eyes . . .


La la la! I had a big ponderous post in the pipeline about love and other demons when last night I heard that a Kildare man had won Australian idol. I got so excited, I rang Australia to see if we could get him on the radio show I was working for. Instead, they put me on the radio, although I had shockin' little to say for myself really, apart from a bit of blathering about Kildare and Ireland and how we're all only delighted be the hokey. But Damien Leith, Australia's new idol - now there's a man who done us proud, wha? All bashful and doe-eyed, he then whips out this gut-thumping voice that just fills you up when you hear it. Much better posting material than my morbid Sunday night musings. To listen to Damien Leith kick the living daylights out of Crying by Roy Orbison, click here . Sweet mother of divine inspiration, not a dry eye in the house.

No comments: