Thursday, June 28, 2007

Surprise!

I lose my mobile phone. A lot. Not proper lostness, just temporary misplacement. Every five minutes or so. Often when I'm about to leave the house. So, every time, I call it from my landline, and when I hear it twittering its location is revealed. Aha! Under the bed! Behind the cushion! In the fridge! My phone and I are emotionally reunited and EVERY SINGLE TIME I get excited when I see that I've missed a call. I check the missed calls, all gleeful that somebody wants to talk to me, only to be reminded that lo and behold the missed call is from MYSELF, from my own landline in fact because I just that second called my mobile in an attempt to find the cursed apparatus. Every. Single. Time. Technology is clearly wasted on the likes of me.

7 comments:

Ramble On said...

Having suffered similar crushing disappointment by accidentally leaving myself a voicemail trying to find my phone, lost and powerless in the laundry basket, I'm laughing with you on this one.

Conortje said...

Hehe I always do that too - great minds and all that. I also have the very cheapest phone out there cause I'm always dropping/losing it

Aoife said...

Sure remember the time I called you at 8 in the morning thinking you'd been trying to call me, but really I'd called myself looking for my mobile!

Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Oh, I think we have all been there!

fiona said...

Ah brendan - you have bested me once more. I never managed to leave myself a voicemail, despite my well-documented propensity to talk to myself!

conortje - hurray that I'm not the only one at it! how you enjoying your trip?

aoife - yes. you are a tit.

sharon - in an update I actually had to text myself after leaving my phone in a taxi the other night. long story but I'm going downhill sharon, I'm going down. hill.

Unknown said...

aw, poor fiona, give me the number and I'll send you a nice txt msg. maybe.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Technology is totally wasted on me sometimes too. My nephew moved back to my city recently and he got unlimited texting so I have been trying to send him a text message.... for the last FOUR days. I have failed every time. How can something that all the kids are doing in their sleep be so darn hard for me?

www.meli-mello.com