Monday, February 19, 2007

And that, I think, is worse

The Neurotic Philosopher and I wailed down the phone at each other in the lonely wee hours of Sunday morning coming down. "Why don't we match anyone?" he asked. It was my question too as I clamboured gracelessly out of another budding two back into one again. I just don't match anyone. On brighter days, I add the yet. But sometimes, when the shared shards of all those almosts, all those sweet but also rans, chime against my ribs, I wonder if I ever will.

5 comments:

Miss Tickle said...

Oh you will Fiona. There is magic and it does happen. Promise.

Flirty Something said...

F - keep faith. Enjoy the journey and look forward to the destination.

fiona said...

Ladies, you are both very lovely and I am most cheered by your comments. I am full of hope the magic will happen - again - and in the meantime, single life does have its advantages.

Tanja said...

whatever do you mean by "not match anyone"?! If you weren't so fussy about me not having a willy...!

fiona said...

Tanjat! You are right. Me and my ludicrous requirements. If I was . . . etc. But you know that MTTM still only applies to you my bestest.