Friday, February 16, 2007

Audible sighs

OK. Now I'm just sad. Because not only is Miss Tickle having theatre troubles, but now they're closing Andrew's Lane Theatre. The cretins, whoever they are. Only weeks ago, I was back in its blacked-out belly with a box of hand-made chocolates on my lap and an all-singing, all-dancing cast at my feet. And I thought to myself - how nice that despite all the changes in brand-spanking, go-getting Dublin a little shelter for old-school arts like Andrew's Lane can still nestle contentedly on a city centre sidestreet. But no more, we were cruelly informed on Valentine's Day, of all days. It was too much for a drama queen like me. Hence the sighing. But the sadness, folks, is genuine.

2 comments:

Queenshiv said...

so sad.

first bewley's - now this.

what's next? the canal bank seat for the passer-by?

fiona said...

Oh Miss Tickle, damn them all is right. And oh, Shiv, the Winding Stair too! But at least we got that back in some way. Maybe we'll get Andrew's Lane back too.