Thursday, February 01, 2007

Vorsprung Durch Technik


The Eco-ranting Pregnant One requires an immediate name change. In the blink of an eye, she is no longer pregnant, having given birth to Racing Baby. In the car. In about one second. Germans, like the artist formerly known as the Eco-ranting Pregnant One, amaze me.

The Eco-ranting Speedy Birthing One has constantly astounded me with her ability to do things right after she thinks of them. I mean, she makes plans and then she CARRIES THEM OUT. Un. Be. Lievable. No vacillation, no prevarication, no procrastination. None of the ations to which Irish people like me, who still have their pyjamas on at 2 p.m. when the LoM (see below) call to the door, are so attached (and don't get me started on libation). The E-R-S-B One just does things. And now she has outdone her own doingness, by giving birth in about one second. This is the German way - no time-wasting. So having experienced a slight twinge at around 5.30 a.m., she called the babysitter for Bilingual Boy and, ushering his father out the door, she got into the back of the car to have a bit of a lie down on her way to the hospital. But then, having set the whole thing in motion, she just decided to finish the job and be done. Next thing, and I really mean next thing, BB's (and now RB's) da heard a baby crying in the back seat, and it turned out that Eco-ranting Speedy Birthing One had given birth in the back of the car while he was busy figuring out how the wipers worked. Most characteristic of her, I have to say. She probably did it to save petrol. She is most efficient and ecologically sound. I am astounded. And still in my pyjamas.

5 comments:

Miss Tickle said...

Fiona you make me smile.
x

Queenshiv said...

Yay Tanya!

Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

I had heard the story but not told in quite as witty a way as you have done here. Great to see a photo too.

fiona said...

miss tickle - I'm only delighted. x

shiv - like we're at all surprised.

dury - but true!

sharon - ain't she cute?

ccfarrell said...

Enjoyed story and the baby is so cute.